Welcome To SDSNY Sleep Disorders Services of New York
A startling 40 million Americans suffer from some form of sleep disorder. Sleep problems can lead to sleep deprivation, which is an unhealthy, dangerous and costly problem resulting in significant health issues and compromised quality of life.
The following are some of the common everyday observations that are examples of sleep disorders:
- • The individual who snores so loudly that they disturb the sleep of others
- • The person who stops breathing frequently during the night
- • The baby who stops breathing and has to be rushed to the emergency room
- • The people who fall asleep on short drives or in social situations, or who have difficulty staying awake at work or school
- • The people who have difficulty sleeping night after night and lose hope that sleep will be normal again.